August weather was much better for camping, with a little cooler than normal temps, however, the showers from above may have caused some concern. We hope that many of you are getting ready for the RALLY. In case you misplaced your calendar the dates again are October 4 – 7, with early bird parking starting Sunday, September 30 at 1:00 pm. NOW IS THE TIME TO SEND IN YOUR RALLY RESERVATIONS BEFORE SEPTEMBER 15. If you haven’t been able to camp out this summer because of the weather, this is your opportunity to enjoy a fall outing.
WISH UPON A STAR – We have some great entertainment lined up for you all to enjoy. We have just about everything printed and ready to go. A few reminders for our chapters,
- The awards ceremony will be held Saturday evening along with the raffles and chapter longevity presentations.
- We are asking each chapter to donate a store-bought cake for the cake walk.
- In the past many chapters have provided one or more door prizes. If possible please consider doing this again this year.
- NEW – Rig Decorating Contest Friday afternoon. If you have a lighted display let me know. (There will be no costume parade this year).
- We will still be collecting pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House.
- Don’t forget to send in your reservations for the Rally.
- Bill Salmon, our State Chaplin, fell a while back and cracked his skull. I do not know if he will be able to attend the Rally yet. If there is anyone that could help us out in this area, I would love to hear from you.
- We will have a wedding reception on Saturday afternoon. The couple request NO GIFTS as they already have two households and two rigs full of stuff.
- STATE COMMITTEE MEETING Saturday 8:15 am. Chapter Presidents please attend. If you cannot be there, please send a note with your replacement so they can vote.
- Please note you can find the rally program on our website, kansasgoodsams.org
- I have been asked how much the fee is for walk-in, the cost will be $12.00 per couple or $6.00 each per day.
My hope for this Rally is to provide an atmosphere of family, fun, adventure, and most of all that you go home knowing that you were glad you came and want to come again. Don’t be shy, ask questions if you need to know what is where and when.
I know this is a little early, but Karen and I manage the RV Park during the State Fair and will be there from Aug. 31 to Sept. 17. If you need anything just call me. Please leave a message if I don’t answer. I will get back to you. 620-242-7009
Other State Rallys this fall include Missouri and Oklahoma. Missouri is the week prior to ours and Oklahoma follows the Kansas Rally.
I hope to see a lot of Good Sam folks at the Rally.
Make Your Journey Count.
Dean & Karen Stewart
Click this link to print:
DIRECTOR NEWSLETTER SEPTEMBER 2018